Monday, September 9, 2013

Sole Sisters

The Chaco girls in Cádiz: Me, Alyssa, and Katrina
(photo cred: Alyssa)
    
     This post is inspired by my love for shoes, comfort, friends, the beach, and especially Chacos! This past Sunday, I went to the beach in Cádiz with 5 other girls from the program. We had a beautiful day together exploring Spain, speaking Spanish, and soaking up the sun! I felt so at home traveling by bus to the beach with a group of new friends that I really get along well with! Even when we realized at 6:55PM that the tickets we had purchased to take us back to Sevilla on the 7PM bus were not the correct tickets and that we needed to wait until the 9PM bus could take us home, we were optimistic and found some fun stuff while exploring Cádiz! For example, the 0,90 euro block of chocolate that Alyssa and I bought... It tasted like the inside of a truffle! We devoured those things! 

What a great find!
     
     I am feeling very encouraged after this trip that I have been able to make friends here, travel to a new city in a different language, communicate with new people, step outside my comfort zone... the list could really go on and on! We are starting to plan trips for the upcoming weekends now that we know we travel well together, which is exciting for me! It is also comforting to me that when all these things around me are changing, I can still be true to myself and find friends that I relate to on a deeper level. I'm looking forward to future excursions with these girls!

Holly, Alyssa, Jocelynn, me, Mara, and Katrina


3 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! so happy you have made wonderful friends to enjoy Spain with!! Love these pictures, and your sweet reflections in your post. We love you. xxxooo
    Love Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for kindred spirits and really good chocolate. And of course shoes. You know I love your blog title, I'm sure. I tried to post this comment from our other computer and it wanted Sophie's Gonzaga password. I'm hoping this one works better. By the way, it's raining in Paris - your sunshine looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful experience! You are having such a valuable experience. Love to you from Grandma & Papa

    ReplyDelete